Thursday, August 22, 2013

This post for Mommy-Dearest

All evidence is to the left.

The game is over and I lost to my mother: 369/304. She had the lead from the very beginning and nuked my nation with her 119 point word, "fathomed."

Deserved. Very deserved.

We've been playing for almost 7 months now and this is the first time she beat me. I knew she would, eventually, and I'm proud of her for it...it's not like I roll over to play dead against my opponents. This isn't BIG BROTHER (Amanda needs to go). Nope, I play to win (and that's why I hate Amanda...she's lethal). And Donkey-Face plays possum, anyways.

Losing also makes gaming fun. The challenge is to keep one's head up and to come back for another win. That's the style I live by. I'm right back at it.

And I have to give my mother credit. Some of my favorite memories in Cherry Heights is playing Scrabble with her while growing up and I'm thankful for Words With Friends for allowing me the joy on a daily basis, even if the games last several more days than normal. My love of words was inherited through her reading habits and passion for story (albeit it Days of Our Lives).

So, Congratulations, Mom! Dad owes you dinner somewhere - YOUR CHOICE. He, too, should be proud. Let him pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment