Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Day to Honor Lois

Yesterday, the Stratford Animal Shelter where Lois Minto volunteered and helped to create a vision, hosted a tree planting celebration where friends and family were able to hang decorated I, L, and Y's onto a Japanese maple. It was a phenomenal gesture to recognize a wonderful woman who lived her life with love and giving.

I placed a Y. Why? Because I realize it all begins with you (and because I have a Y in my name). I know that the Y, the you, was most important to Lois's philosophy. Love was a necessity, but for her, there needed to be something and someone to love. For her, this was her dogs, the protection of all animals, Luis, and her family. They were central to how she made meaning in her life and the Stratford celebration was a wonderful way to honor her dedication and philosophy.

It was also a perfect day in southern Connecticut, one worthy of Lois's magical personality. I was glad to see all her friends and family together to, once again, look up to the blue sky and to acknowledge, "Yes, Lois....we all love you, too."

All of us think of you all the time. You are truly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment