Thursday, September 26, 2013

Not a Vegan Post

For the last month I have been using Lose It, a calorie-countin App, on my cellphone. I'm impressed with it because it has made me more conscious of what I consume, the calories I consume, and the energy I burn off. So far, so good. I'm enjoying it.

With that noted, I have also realized that my paranoia for food consumption (and the matter of never having time) has had me under-consuming caloric intake during the week. This wouldn't be a big deal, but on days where I nibble like a rabbit before classes or running to and from this or that meeting, I realize it has an effect on my running. Yesterday was a great example. I came home in the afternoon starving, but I wanted to run and chose to do that first. I felt lethargic, however, when I was running because my mind was on other things. I stopped at the grocery on the way home to stack up on steaks, chicken, and sausage links I could choose from upon return to grill.

The fruit and vegetable diet reminds me of what a carnivore I really am. I've been fantasizing for a month about meatloaf, pork chops, and greasy cheeseburgers. I've been good, but my muscles crave meats and so last night, I grilled for the week.

I went several years eating with a vegetarian lifestyle but returned to meat when similar lethargy entered my system. Bryan can't live on carrots alone, although he's tried. There's a space that is satisfied with steak that cannot be met with broccoli.

Do I feel guilty? Nope. Do I overdue a voracious meat diet? Not really.

Yet, when the body craves food with substance, I always give in. In Lose It land, there's room for substantial foods and, at least last night, I didn't go to bed hungry.

Already, I feel more whole. And I'm proud to say, I still was significantly under the calorie intake for the day. Wusah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment