Monday, September 2, 2013

The leaves...well, they're beginning to fall...

...and I'm bound to Connecticut this season, so will a Hurricane come? We are two in a row: Irene and Nemo, but the Atlantic seems calm.

I grilled chicken kabobs last evening and as I cooked the Maple leaves were falling from the sky and hitting the grill. Yep, it is September and this means a new semester, college football, the precursor to basketball season, and another 7 months until March madness. Yes, the eye is on the prize month and making my way through the winter once again.

The truth is, I never once found my body immersed in water (pool, lake, or ocean) and I rarely felt the summer sun on my skin. I realize this yesterday as I ran and hoped that I might somewhat get a semblance of a tan. It is probably too late for that and I didn't have the easy months to relax. Too many institutes, grants, and classes to find downtime and so I'm hoping to pace the Autumn so that I get opportunities to chill out and think, strategically, about what's to come next.

For this labor day, however, I'm hoping for a good night's sleep. That's what I need most. Rest. That is what we all deserve before pumpkins, apples, turkey, and the xmas hooplah. Here's to you, Fall. May I rise to stay sane as the trees lose their leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment