Monday, September 9, 2013

As horror looks you right between the eyes...

Cause this is thriller.

To relax on Sunday night, I watched 60 Minutes report on Michael Jackson's estate. I thought it would be a musical salute and an update on the 80s icon, but instead, it twisted my brain into absolute chaos. Michael Jackson really was beyond human - the amount of wealth he created from his indisputable talents is astounding. Even more perplexing are the number of people who have needed to be employed to keep up with that wealth and, now, contend with it after his death. The litigations boomed when he was gone, but now, more than ever before, his legend has rediscovered a way to be extremely profitable.

Sick. Twisted. Beautiful. Stunning. Human. Immortal. Unbelievable.

The 90s accusations are at the side since his departure and the troubled mind of an America icon will never be tapped again for its bizarre choices, strange realities, and insurmountable awe it created globally. Truly, the singer/dancer/performer/legend is out of this world.

Yet, I am thinking about that wealth, and the populations who work around it. As much as I admire the accomplishments and success, I can't help but wonder how any who surround themselves with that kind of excess justify their existence (especially someone like Jackson who saw poverty around the world as he did - or wanted to be seen as if he did).

Is it an extreme Messiah complex?

Oprah's alive...should we ask her?

I couldn't get my head around the numbers they were throwing around on CBS last night...the lawsuits...the minds fighting to protect his estate...the others fighting to get it.

I guess I'm thrilled for the update. But strangely, I'm very sad for our species. It is not the best example of being human.

No comments:

Post a Comment