Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Roasted, before getting toasted by the first week back @TheRealRoseanne

I love Roseanne Barr and that is why I am wondering how I missed the Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne that finally made it across my laptop last night. This is what happens the night before classes begin -- one does anything in his power to procrastinate the inevitable. Another semester begins when I wake up. Great. Ugh.

That's why I procrastinated and Roseanne helped me. In fact, not only did I run yesterday, I walked twice. I put together a package for the twins at Brockport and got groceries. Sure I tuned syllabi and read a little, but I really tried -- HARD -- to keep my mind off the work that lies ahead.

Warning: the roast is hysterical but a little raw.
Truth: the way Roseanne looks to the right, I'm even more glad that I named my Ford Focus with the black rims after her. I definitely am sporting her color scheme.

And I think that celebrating my Labor Day evening with a comedian and personality I love was a good choice. She always cracks me up and makes me think humorously about the way I grew up in Syracuse, the escapades I experienced with parents trying to make ends meet with two sisters, and a lifetime of dieting. Alas, she struck it big time with her working class roots and humor. Not so easy for all of us. Even so, she's always been a raw, inappropriate, and over-the-top inspiration. Besides, Rosie is what my grandmother called my grandfather's wiener. I learned that from reading letters exchanged between my grandparents in WWII. Can't make that up. Yep, Rosie/Roseanne...both make me laugh. I love this woman.

#$@! I just realize that I made my morning coffee now....the night before I scheduled this to post. I meant to load the maker, not run it. #$@!

No comments:

Post a Comment