Thursday, June 27, 2013

And it's time for a very serious post.

A post that I'm proud of.

Last night when I returned from my three month marathon of 14 hour days, injuries, surgeries, and mourning, I said to myself, "Tomorrow, your day is light. You only have a grant to write, two meetings, a book to read, and a dinner at 6 p.m."

What does this mean? It means I can have a glass of wine.

And who doesn't it make me think of? My sister, Cynderballs?

And who do I sent a video to?

My sister Cynderballs.

Truth be told, Cynderballs is the backbone of Mike, Nikki, and my parents because she is the child who lives closest to them all (and if I could speculate for a second, I imagine that KC was at her house yesterday, too, leaving Jacob and Sean behind for a little while because chances were Cynde and Nikki would be home - there were birthdays, after all). Therefore, the entire month of June doesn't belong to anyone but Cynde. She is a cheated sort because her birthday is three days after Christmas.

So, this shout out is to my older sister who I love immensely. I poured a glass of wine, made her a video, and toasted her while watching manic chefs scream at each other on t.v. (okay, that is a lie. I graded papers, played Words with Friends, and made a list of what I should accomplish today...but the t.v. was really on so Abu and Lossine would be proud). She did, however, text back that she laughed at this video, but she only polished one glass of wine. My mistake.....one bottle of wine.

21st century community. I can be with my family even when I live far away. I love every one of them so much. Ubuntu.

Happy Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. I recognize that gadget! I have the same one, an oldie, but goodie :)

    ReplyDelete