Saturday, June 22, 2013

City Bound With Cynde and Mike

I write this at 9 p.m. when both Cynde and Mike have decided it is bed time. They arrived at three, we had a beer, we walked the shoreline, picked up socks and then got dinner (excellent, excellent scallops at Knapp's Landing in Stratford). We came home, I worked in the yard and they decided they had enough. Fine with me, I'm tired, too.

While walking the beach, a group of kids were collecting dead sea animals and piling them up over a R.I.P. sign (including a shark). Somehow I didn't think the Sound had too many sharks. I guess I was wrong.  The one was at least as long as the R.I.P.

Today, we're slowly heading into New York City to wander around and figure out a plan of action. Not too many goals at this point other than to take the train and go on an adventure. I'm simply looking forward to going to bed and sleeping. This is what my body craves more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment