Friday, June 28, 2013

I'm still wearing support stockings, you know....

...and in this heat, I'm miserable.

Lucky for me, I've been too busy to even think about it. One more week. One more week. One more week.

But that's not why I write. Today, when I headed out to work, I noticed that items I planted out front were blooming and that the monarch butterfly that glows at night (a gift from my mom and dad) looks perfect with the foliage.

I rent, and therefore I'm skeptical of too much landscaping to benefit the property owners and not me, but I can't help getting dirty. I like digging and rearranging. Perhaps I was an earthworm in my previous life because I feel at home when I'm in the soil.

Calm. Cool. Safe.

And I haven't done enough of this because (a) I don't hold an environmental job any longer and (b) I don't own my property. Both I miss drastically. They helped keep me centered and I feel off base as a renter.

It might be the stockings, though. Dudes aren't meant to wear pantyhose...that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment