Saturday, June 15, 2013

Celebrating the Community of Phlebectomy Survivors

Okay, so it's not that big of a deal, but I can honestly say the vein removal is over. In fact, when I was invited out to a birthday party to hear the Bernadette's playing, I asked, "Who?" and then decided, "Why not?" It was meant to be a good dinner, some music and a few beers.

Well, the Bernadette's of southern Connecticut, who cover music from the late sixties to early 70s, have a tremendous following.

I pinpointed that the demographic who follows them are women in their 50s, almost to their 60s, close to retirement who simply want to revisit the days when they were young, beautiful, and flirtatious. I imagine that once a month they doll up and go to hear the band play and they are DOLLED up. Coupled with this coy crew of ladies are the dogs and shark that look to score with them. There are much more fewer hawks than chickenhawks, however. It is a scene for sure.

I couldn't dance, but I could capture video. It seems like a perfect way to end a surgical week. I, too, was wearing support hose after all. The band was good, but watching this particular crowd relive its youth was a lot to handle.

Oh, and by the way....the restaurant where we ate had the worst service ever. It cost us a pretty penny but it was horrible. They will be hearing from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment