Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hmmm...Perhaps there's a genetic reason why I'm obsessed with words

Lucien S. Crandall, the man behind the Crandall – New Model, was born in Broome County, New York, in 1844. He would become one of the great early typewriter pioneers of the 1860s and 1870s. Crandall patented perhaps 10 typewriters, about six of which were manufactured. All of his designs were very intriguing and brilliantly imagined.

The Crandall (1886) was his third typewriter to be manufactured...

This sounds like a question for Uncle Milford in Long Island. Like Prudence Crandall, I hope I am also related to Lucien.


Better yet, I want one of these as a desktop for my laptop. Time for me to do more research on family lineage, I suppose.


Cool morning find - I am thankful to Truman Williamson in Kentucky for sharing this with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment