Monday, June 17, 2013

Today, I hope to shower...

...and no, I haven't been around people. I've laid low to keep others from having to experience my surgical-stocking-can't-get-it-wet odor from the weekend. Yes, I was assigned to stay dry for 72 hours and, although I did do a sink bath every morning, I've officially not showered.

Abu and Lossine have vivid memories of being called on Fridays for their official shower while living in a refugee camp - a new meaning to T.G.I.F.

For me, it's T.G.I.M. because today, Monday, I can cut the bandages, remove the stockings and officially soak my body (at least that's what I think the post-operation states. I also can begin running again and only have to wear the stocking during the day when I'm not sweating and not sleeping.

Bonus.

I really do have an appreciation, well sympathy, for lady folk who feel the need to wear stockings because its in their fashion world - BUMMER. This man-stocking has been uncomfortable, awkward, and hot. I do not like it.

But today, I rejoin the community of non-restricted me who prefer NOT to wear pantyhose and I couldn't be happier.

Now, if only I could remember the official time I have my post-operation appointment. I'm going early hoping that's when it was scheduled. If it wasn't, looks like I will be doing work from Newtown again.

No comments:

Post a Comment