Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Phlebectomy - Phlebotomy, better than a Lobotomy

Yesterday, I went into my Phlebetomologist and sang him Carly Simon's song. I basically harmonized, "I'm so vein....I bet I think this song is about me, don't I? Don't I?"

He didn't laugh, but I also tweeted it to the Twitter account I found on his business card. I thought it was hilarious. Now today, I don't think I will be laughing as much. I'm including a cartoon of the procedure I'm having done, but I'm assigning you homework: Do a Google search for Phlebectomy and be amused. Anyone who knows me will instantly fret that I am heading to have procedures done.

I don't do doctors. I pass out at the smell of their offices. I sweat and am a nervous Nellie. But, today I'm going to be brave. They say the worst part is the needles and I've had plenty of dental experiences so I'm okay. I just don't want to accidentally see anything. I want them to drape a cloth in front of me so I'm not tempted to look and I want them to turn on the television so I can be distracted. The procedure is about ten minutes, but I will be there for an hour. They insert catheters into the vein and use radio signals to move wires through the vein. It helps unclog the vericose ruptures and will hinder the bulging that has taken over my left leg.

Here's to the comedy. I will be laughing the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment